Gas leak prompts service station evacuation

Busselton Dunsborough Times

Strelly Street’s Caltex Star Mart has been evacuated due to a gas leak.

Fire and emergency services responded to a triple zero call at 8.48am, which reported a smell of gas.

The service station pumps were shut down and nearby businesses were informed of the situation.

Access to Caltex has been blocked off.

A gas leak has caused Caltex Star Mart to be evacuated.
Camera IconA gas leak has caused Caltex Star Mart to be evacuated.

Department of Fire and Emergency Services Geographe area officer Andy Thompson said the situation was under control.

He said the brigade had set up its equipment and hoses as a precautionary measure.

“We will remain on the scene until the technician arrives and assist once he is here,” he said.

Neighbouring businesses, including Bunnings, remain open.

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails