CinefestOZ builds on increased audience
Following the success of the 2011 CinefestOZ festival, organisers have announced the dates for this year’s event.
This year’s festival is set to take place from August 22 to 26, after audience numbers for last year’s event increased 35 per cent with more than 8000 people attending.
“The Perth Metro audience increased its overall share of attendances, along with strong regional support from South West audiences and visitors from the Eastern States,” festival manager Malinda Nixon said.
Festival chairman David Barton said the VIP guest list was the strongest in history and moves were afoot to build on it in 2012.
“Our 2011 year was our most successful festival to date with a number of achievements with content, venues and events that set the festival apart from those that came before,” he said.
Mr Barton said the schools’ program had also been a success with about 800 students of varying ages enjoying special screenings and interactive discussions with film directors.
“With increased resources, it is planned to expand the range and impact of the CinefestOZ schools program,” he said.
This year, festival audiences are set to be treated to even more film viewing highlights and attend social and cultural events providing a range of experiences.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails