Busselton walks for William
Hundreds of Busselton residents are expected to join thousands of people across Australia tomorrow in a Walk for William.
The walk is to commemorate a year since the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell.
Resident Emily Jones said she wanted to get involved after hearing about the nationwide event.
"There are around 50,000 people taking part in this event around Australia and we've put the call out on Facebook and we've already had a massive response," she said.
"I've watched the news coverage and I think about the pain his family must be going through to not be able to see their son or know where he is after a year." William went missing from his grandmother's house in Kendall, New South Wales at 10.30am on September 12 last year.
Ms Jones said she hoped people would join her for a walk down the Busselton Jetty and back.
"The Busselton Jetty is iconic for this region and also a lot of people visit it every day, which will help to raise awareness for William's disappearance," she said.
"We encourage everyone to dress in red and blue or wear Spider Man suits for the walk as that is what William was wearing when he disappeared.
"It's been one year since this little boy went missing and anything we can do to try and raise awareness and support the family to show them they are not alone will make a difference."
The walk will take place from 10.30am at the Busselton Jetty.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails